Thursday, July 7, 2011

I speak for the fans; why we think lockouts are outrageous

Also at http://sportsemerge.com/
Dave Pruitt

Growing up under the guidance of my Father, a Vietnam Vet; along side my bestfriend, my influence, my brother, who currently serves in our great Air Force & has since 1995, proudly… I have learned about WHAT MATTERS.
With July 4th approaching, I thought I would take my opprotunity to THANK all the people serving our GREAT COUNTRY made great by their duty.  Without them there will be no NFL or NBA, nor anything that a  regular persons considers valuable.  I say regular person in regards to versus the extraordinary person who faces the possibility of death regularly.

With my brother scheduled to go to some area in Afghanistan I began to analyze my own life.  I noticed, I am able to FREELY pursue my goals due to what my brother & others serving in the armed forces are experiencing on a daily basis.  Immediately after that thought, I also realizeded that everybody living in the United States owes the Soldiers the same respect.
As close as I’ve come to what a soldier could experience was via my Play Station 3.  Using the NETFLIX ap, I watched a movie (documentary) titled “Restrepo” about soldiers serving in Afghanistan & their extreme conditions faced which I will not cover in full detail.  Reality TV which truly described the meaning of reality.  The truth of what our US soldiers feel living amongst a constent threat.  The soldiers curiousity of whether or not they would be alive the next day.  This is the same place my brother is going.
Back home what is the issue?  Whether or not the overwhelming amount of money the NFL, NBA, & Dodgers is making or not making sufficient enough for whomever.

I promised myself that I would not even touch the issue of the NFL & NBA lockouts because I thought it was ridiculous & outrageous.  I thought it was an insult to the fans, to the people that go to work everyday not REALLY wanting to.
How is it that fans manage a way to watch their favorite team no matter the cost of a ticket, a cable or satellite bill with the intentions of focusing on something other than their problems?
How does a soldier go in to a battle zone knowing his job is a million times harder than the regular civilian football & basketball owners & players arguing over millions & billions of dollars?
How does a fan that has never experienced a lockout perceive the greed of people doing what they LOVE to do & then asking for more?  When they perform jobs & earn the money which in turn is what makes it possible for the millionaires & billionaires to keep adding to their bank accounts?
Think about it…
The GREED displayed by the organiztions, owners & players is not worth the time of the fan.
Your fans include Soldiers that are paid significantly less than a NFL, NBA or anything else which is considered to be a fun JOB.
Players, your TALENT is NOT AT ALL worth a soldiers life nor is an  Owners billions of dollars.
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!
I COULDN”T SPEND A MILLION IN 10 YEARS & why would I if there is people like my brother doing their job NOT FOR THE MONEY?
Money, cars, houses, jewelry, & what you wear; is it really what every NON-SOLDIER is concerned about & every real SOLDIER giving up their life for?
Billions & millions compared to LIFE, what’s your values?
The SOLDIERS are entitled & deserve every dollar that OWNERS & PLAYERS make in the NFL & NBA…
It is what it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment