Thursday, July 7, 2011

LeSean McCoy: Hiding behind Twitter

Also at Sports Emerge
http://sportsemerge.com/

Are you serious?  You can’t be, did you really just type what I think you typed?  “Oh no you didn’t….”  What you type about my “Mama’?” 
Insults via Twitter are becoming a more common place.  People usually of the younger generation has taken it upon themselves to use Twitter to express their frustrations with their adversarys.  I began noticing this phenomenon with these young immature rappers exchanging their “Thug Talk” using the social media as a vehicle.  I think it’s hilarious…
LeSean McCoy, the running back of the Philadelphia Eagles decided to air out his opinion while hiding behind Twitter about Osi Umenyiora.  According to McCoy, Osi is soft & the 3rd best defensive lineman on the New York Giants.  This all coming after Osi tweeted out some info about his personal financial situation with the Giants.  Basically,  McCoy’s tweet had nothing to do with nothing other than his anomosity toward’s Osi.
As Ochocinco would say, “Child Please…” 
Osi responded saying, “I mean, he’s a girl, man. Who does stuff like that?” Osi said, reported by Mike Garafolo, The Star Ledger. “If he has more of these things to say, he can say ‘em to my face.  Don’t be no Twitter gangster man.”
Twitter gangster, WOW!  I’m not that far removed from LeSean McCoy’s generation but back in  my day, issues were resolved face to face.  When there is beef, you man up; you don’t talk mess via the internet, atleast I didn’t & never will.
With their respective teams being hated rivals it is apparent that the issue was born between the hash marks.
“Yeah, me and him, we had words on the field — both times we played. I hate him, he hates me, period,” Osi said.
Hate is a strong word, so this anomosity is more than real.  Osi explained that there is a lot of hatred between the teams, more so last season but it was an on field war.  Now McCoy has went a step further.
“He chose to take that off the field and make it public when it’s something that’s between me and him,” Osi said.  ”It’s something we can address on the football field. He let the whole world know about it, so I’m going to respond.”
Osi’s teammate’s has his back, in particular WR Steve Smith who tweeted in response to the McCoy’s Twitter claims.
“The nerve of certain youngins running their mouth. Please don’t forget.”  With the tweet came a picture of Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin in jubilation after their Super Bowl win over the New England Patriots.  There was another photo next to it of a empty Eagles trophy case.
I think Steve Smith wins the Twitter wars.  LeSean McCoy may be writing a “Check his ass can’t cash.”  McCoy realizes he has to see the Giants 2 times a year, & he has to run the ball against Osi & his teammates.  He better hope that his offensive line protects him; on the field & not on Twitter.
Justin Tuck one of the other defensive lineman for the Giants that McCoy has to deal with added his theory on the Mike & Mike morning.  “I honestly think social media has made people cowards, where I’m from, if you have a problem with somebody you say it to their face.”  He continued, “People are hiding behind computers & smart phones.”
Poor kid…  Good luck LeSean, I think you just made it very hard for yourself.
It is what it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment